Monday, February 21, 2011

What a long, strange trip it's been - and it's just the beginning!

 Following one of the most emotionally tolling processes of my life (that started in May 2009), I received an email last week announcing that my Peace Corps invitation is FINALLY in the mail! woo-hoo. The only information I have at this point is the following:

Assignment: Community Health & Economic Development Advisor
Location: Eastern/Southern Africa
Departure: late Spring/early Summer

So armed with this information, I began thoroughly researching the PC official page along with the PC wiki page, and I think I will be going to Lesotho on May 31....but of course, I have learned that nothing is certain with Peace Corps. I will be patiently (yeah right) waiting for this week's mail deliveries!

My mind is racing considering the possibilities and opportunities that await me. I am trying to take this time to fully enjoy and appreciate my family and friends AND the many, many amenities of American life that I have taken for granted for the majority of my life. There is no way that I can soak it up enough, but I'm sure as heck gonna try!

2 comments:

  1. Tara - so excited for you! I'm glad that you've decided to blog because I can't wait to hear about your adventures in the Peace Corps! Best of luck to you on this incredible journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara. Congratulations! I wonder if 'late Spring' makes it less likely that you'll be joining us Rwanda folks. Can't wait to hear the final outcome!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete